Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Entropy, Uncertainty & Disruption – My fascination continues!




Today is a day for reminiscing.

In my school days, at Loreto, I learnt that entropy was a measure of chaos and disorder! You cannot create energy just convert it. All the chaos and disorder that could be attributed to me personally was never my fault; I was merely an agent of conversion! I remember explaining this to my very loving mother who I faintly remember seemed quite amused by the ‘science’ of it all.

In my college days, I was introduced to the concept of Heisenberg’s Uncertainty Principle.  All about unpredictability and un-certainty! Sufficient to say, I found a reason to attribute every uncertainty in my life to Mr. Heisenberg. Decisions could never be made with precision; something or the other would change during decision-making and affect the outcome.

Last few years, we have been welcoming disruption. It is all about un-predictably upsetting something well established. By now, I don’t even need excuses!

Drawing a parallel with Ludlum
Cain is for Charlie and Delta is for Cain;
Entropy is for Dis-order and Uncertainty is for Disruption!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis